Tuesday 27 December 2011

The Sales

It is not OK to take a push chair into a busy shopping centre, the day after Boxing Day, because you want to go sale-railing. I went to the new Westfield's at Stratford City today, and there were so many freaking buggies!!! Don't be so selfish to think that it's acceptable to hold everyone up while you try and manoeuvre your buggy through the crowd at 0.0000000001mph, and then take up precious floor space in shops with the screaming brat who OBVIOUSLY ISN'T HAVING A GOOD TIME AND WANTS TO GO HOME! Grrr..... When I go shopping, I'm on a mission; I hate being held up and forced to walk at a snail's pace. I want to be in and out with my bargain in 10 minutes max. I also despise shops that are too big. The Forever 21 at Stratford is comprised of three floors, each of which was just too big for me to cope with. I gave up before I'd even started because I knew there was too much for me to successfully see before I decided if I wanted anything. I couldn't even be bothered with the jewellery section. I don't want to spend half an hour looking at 4000 different necklaces, of which I'm probably going to buy none anyway. I thought at least the shoe lounge would be good. But it wasn't. You'd think in such a big shop, it would be proportionally big, but no. It was in a tiny little corner (alright, I know you can't measure a corner) with very few shoes in. Disappointment all round. Primark was also a massive despondency. I mean it might actually have been a nice Primark to shop in, but I took one look at the queue and immediately turned around and left. It was the type of queue you would expect to see at Alton Towers. In fact I'm surprised they didn't have one of those signs that tell you approximately how many hours you'll be waiting before you get to go on the ride. IT WAS THAT LONG. What a joke. Primark isn't even that cheap anymore.  My day wasn't all bad though; I did get an Oyster card (even though I still don't know how to use it properly and where to touch it in and out), and this makes me happy because I won't look like such a massive tourist in the underground anymore AND because it's about 100 times cheaper to use. I also did finally manage to find myself a new pair of black court shoes (the main purpose of me going out). They're from Schuh. And I think I really like them. I'm still a little undecided. 

Sylvia said the heel looks like fat rolls.
And now that's all I can see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment