Thursday 15 December 2011

Potentially A Pretty Woman

Yesterday Momma Fudge and I (perfect grammar) hit up Cambridge for a last little Christmas shop. I spent the WHOLE day looking for boots. THE ENTIRE DAY. I really want a pair of over the knee black suede boots*. I'd found a pair online that I really liked but they were £89 and I'm a poor student. I know they've been 'fashionable' for a while now (I picked out a pair three years ago for someone to buy his girlfriend for her birthday) , but I saw a picture of Megan Fox wearing a pair recently and for the first time since whenever people started wearing them, I decided I really, really wanted a pair. There are a few things that worry me though:
a) I'm worried that my legs are way too fat and its going to look like I'm wearing a pair of black waders when I put them on. 
PAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
b) I might end up looking like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. No bad thing, except she plays a prostitute. I do not, in any way, want to look like a prostitute. Or Jordan.  
c) I might look like Puss in Boots. (However much I love cats, I think I'd rather look like Jordan).
Anyway, I was really disappointed by the lack of relatively cheap over the knee boots on offer in Cambridge. I went online tonight though to have another butchers at the pair I fell in love with and found that THEY WERE ON SALE WITH £53 OFF! Plus, the site gave me an extra 20% discount because it was my first purchase. So now I have my boots. And they were a snip at £31.79 after postage and packaging. BOOM. Best buy ever. Well potentially the best buy ever; there's a chance I might look like an obese, prostitute cat with a penchant for fishing in them. We'll just have to wait and see.

* Please note that it is only OK to wear over the knee boots if they are flat and suede. Anything with a heel, or made from leather (or worse, PVC), WILL make you look like a hooker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment